To add your team click on Employees from the main left-hand menu. In this screen you can add new employees , edit current staff details and delete employees from your Rotageek account.
To add a new employee, click the green Add employee button. The minimum data you need to add to create a new user is: User Name, First Name, Surname.
We recommend tagging your employee to their location(s) and position(s). Click on the Locations and Positions tabs to do this. Select the relevant options from the drop down menu and press the green '+' plus button to add.
Depending on your account, 4-8 tabs in the popup screen allow you to add additional optional information about your staff:
- Employee Details - you can add your staff's email addresses if you want them to receive email alerts with their rota details. If you add their email address during the first time you create their profile they will get a notification with their account details and a link to set their password. You can add their email and send account details at a later date if you wish.
- Additional Information - you can include a mobile number (necessary for SMS alerts), landline number, contracted hours and edit alert settings here
- Allowances - you can add annual leave entitlements in this section
- Payroll - add employee pay data here
- Positions - link your staff to the positions you have set up and you can also set users to Supervisors (access to schedule for their locations only) or set them to an Administrator (access to schedule for all locations).
- Locations - link your staff to their locations
- Permissions - you can edit the mix of permissions for each individual user as you wish.
- Skills - you can add skills to employees to help schedule the correct skills at the correct times in your rota
Once you have added all the required information, click Save and you will have a new employee in your employee list. Repeat this for the rest of your team.
Note: If you have over 30 employees we can input this data for you. Get in contact at firstname.lastname@example.org